I’ve recently achieved PPACA certification by NAHU. It probably sounds like one more insurance alphabet soup certification to you, but it’s much more.
Here’s what it means . . . I’m taking critical steps now to prepare for the introduction of Health Care Reform later this year. I’m learning the the most up-to-date information on the key technical components of PPACA and am well prepared to counsel individuals and businesses on upcoming required healthcare changes and new options for health plans.
- Implementing healthcare reform—overview and politics
- Grandfathered plans and the small-business tax credit
- Medicare Part D and non-discrimination rules
- Patient protection and changes to consumer-directed health plans
- Medical loss ratio requirements and tax implications
- W-2 reporting, summary of benefits, waiting periods, essential benefits and community rating
- Individual mandate, pre-existing conditions and rating reform
- Health insurance exchanges for individuals and small employers
- Employer pay or play
- Self-insured plans